Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Done

Well, at midnight last night (technically I guess ‘this morning’ but midnight this morning never sounds right) I typed the last two words on my novel … ‘the’ and ‘end’ to be specific. More specifically they were words 50,562 and 50,563 …

In other words (pun intended … as bad as it is) I ‘won’. Though of course you could argue that 12:00am was Feb 1st and not Jan 31st anymore in which case I’ll stick my tongue out at you and say ‘nanernanernana I can’t hear you.’

I’m not sure exactly when I crossed 50,000 words … I know at 11:45 I had a little over 50,100 so I’d guess around 11:40 … but when I realized I was over the 50k mark I should have just outlined the rest out from there but I wanted to get as many of the words in my head out as I could …. They’d been crowding up and had started pushing and shoving to get out … I was afraid that there was going to be a fight and some of them might get hurt or worse.

Tonight will be the first night in a month that I’m going to come home and not type … in fact I’m going to purposefully not type tonight … a good game of Dawn of War: Winter Assault, or Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, or maybe I’ll go down stairs and play Need For Speed Underground 2 on the Xbox for a while …

I plan to, over the next couple weeks, flesh out the last paragraphs a bit more to make sure that I don’t forget what I had in mind there, but not today … today is ‘ME’ day both because I won and because, well, it’s my Birthday and damnit I’m going to enjoy it …

After I go to work ….. unfortunately, after I go to work ….

Which … is what I’ve got to go do now so this is all you’re getting today. If, you’re lucky I’ll see if I can find a transcript of the State of the Union from last night and see if I’ve got anything to say about that, or maybe something else will strike my fancy during the day and you’ll get it tomorrow.

Have a good day everyone … I plan to.

No comments: