Monday, January 10, 2005

You have the right...

Okay … You’re here in my world … but you since I believe in freedom you’re rights don’t go away just because you’re in my webspace. However, since it is MY webspace I’m going to lay down a few ground rules.

You have the right to your opinion-

I write the articles here and they, of course, reflect my opinion. This is not a news site, I may discuss the news, but I do so from the perspective of my opinion, not as a reporter. The neat thing about opinions, of course, is that everyone has one. Agree with me, or disagree with me … you have the right to your opinion … my goal is to get you to think about your opinion, not tell you how to think.

You have the right to express your opinion-

I allow comments on my articles here (or if you’re reading this on my Guild Portal blog you can make your comments over at http://bonepath.blogspot.com), heck, I even allow anonymous comments. I welcome your comments. Through discussing opinions we may come to understand each other better even if we don’t agree in the end.

However, I ask that if you can not state your opinion in a mature and responsible way that you keep it to yourself. Show each other respect, we aren’t here to call each other names … that doesn’t help anything. You want to call people names, throw temper tantrums and such because I or another poster here doesn’t agree with you … take it to another forum.

You have the right to be shown respect-

As does everyone else here … This is a revocable right, however. If you fail to show respect to me or other posters here, then you forego your right to receive respect. If we stop respecting each other, even when we disagree, we’re not going to get anywhere.

There is no right to not be offended-

What I write is my opinion and I make no apologies for it. It’s not my job to pander to you. I call it as I see it, if that offends you, deal with it. If that means not reading my blog, then I bid you farewell, I’m sure there are plenty of blogs out there that you won’t find offensive.

No comments: